Clients are entitled to:
- Respect and courtesy at all times.
- Confidentiality and privacy of information.
- Access to free interpreter services.
- Voluntary access to services and groups.
- Voluntary registration for membership.
- The right to request another counselor (if available).
- Prompt and fair response to complaints.
What Ishar expects of Clients
- Book in advance to access health services and groups at the centre. Our Contact Us page will give you the information you need to get in touch.
- Arrive on time for all appointments.
- Give at least 24 hours notice for any cancellation of appointments, especially if an interpreter has been booked.
- Clients are not to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Provide Ishar with correct contact information and notify of any changes.
- Make full payment of service fees where necessary.
- Present Medicare and Health Care Cards when accessing the services of the Well Women’s Clinic at the Centre.
Client Rights to Complaint Resolution
If a client is not happy with the services received at Ishar, a complaint should be made in writing and addressed to the CEO.
If the client is unable to put her complaint in writing, an appointment should be made to speak to the CEO. The client should be aware that all discussions will be recorded for future reference.
Once the CEO has heard or read the complaint, the matter will be discussed with the relevant staff member(s). Based on the type of complaint, a resolution will be reached after consultation with the client and staff member.
If the matter cannot be resolved at this level, it will be forwarded to the Board of Management for further action.
Ishar Multicultural Women’s Health Centre
Mirrabooka 6061 WA
Tel: 08 9345 5335
Fax: 08 9349 9113